Sunday, May 11, 2008




Our first daughter Mazzelin (Mazzy) arrived shortly after our one year anniversary and immediately melted our hearts when she entered into this world. Mazzy was born seven weeks early but weighed in at 6lbs. 11oz. and only spent a short time in the NICU before we got to bring her home. Mazzy is our tenderhearted, sweet loving, and perfectionist child. She is so talented in many areas of her life. She absolutely has a great talent for art. She has such an eye for detail and loves to water color all day long. She is the easiest kid and baby I've yet to come across. Mazzy loves to clean and organize anything she comes across, Oakleigh on the other hand is like a walking tornado and will run and hide when it's time to clean up. Mazzy loves to rock climb in our climbing gym and hang on our weight set. she is seriously a little monkey. Mazzelin has so much potential and it is so neat to see her developing so wonderful attributes to her little personality.
Oakleigh Ella is absolutely my little sunshine, right down to her bright white hair and happy smile. She arrived 3 weeks early and weighed 8lbs. 14 oz. Yea she broke my tailbone during delivery. She came into this world breaking things and she still is my most destructive child. She is the proudest 3 year old and loves to show you everything she can do. She is definitely our outgoing little child. She loves to ask a million questions and laugh at everything. Along with her outgoing personality comes her spunk. She keeps us all on our toes and we love it. She is the most affectionate child and will give you hugs and kisses and tell you she loves you all the time. She is such a caring and nurturing child and we couldn't imagine our family without her or her little blanket she can't live without.
Charlotta (Lottie Mae) is the sweetest baby. Never a tear except when you get her dressed for some odd reason. We love her dearly and she is the most precious gift. She truly has a special spirit and we feel so blessed to have her as a member of our family. She was born 4 weeks early and weighed in at 8 lbs. 4 oz. She came into this world a fighter. She had a few struggles when she was born with her blood sugars stabilizing (gestational diabetes) and struggled to take her first breath of life. After those problems cleared she was almost ready to come home but couldn't escape jaundice. She came home on a billi bed and stayed on it a little over a week. She is truly the pride and joy of this family. We all can't get enough of her. Her sisters are so good to her and have been so helpful with her. Her twinkling blue eyes and infectious smile lights up the whole room. She is the greatest little sleeper (thankfully all my kids have slept through night at 3-4 months). I love having three little girls to brighten my life. They are the reason I get up everyday, the reason I want to be the best I can be, the reason I spend their dad's money, and they make me the person I am today. It truly is amazing how much you can learn from these special little spirits. Every night Lamont and I lay in our bed at the end of the day we just laugh at how funny our kids are and smile at how much joy they bring to our lives.

8 comments:

Nathan and Dianna Wiley said...

Hi Audrey!!
Thanks for inviting me to your blog!! Why am I a contributor?? What does that mean?? Just wondering... Anyway, your family is so dang cute! Your girls remind me of three little princess dolls!! Seriously so beautiful!! I'm glad we can keep in touch!

Amy said...

What in the world where have you been the last three years! I have tried calling and emailing but I must have old stuff I was so sad to think we lost touch but so glad you joined the blogging world! So much to talk about your girls are adorable for starters. I myself will probably have all girls as well. Ali said you guys were moving...? We defiantly need to have a little mini reunion with everyone.You can get cute templates from here http://cutestblogontheblock.blogspot.com/
just follow there instructions! I am so glad we are going to be able to keep in touch.

Carling Family said...

Hey I am so glad you decided to blog. I guess you and I are about the last ones to join. My family kept bugging me to do one. I am glad we can keep in touch. I think your girls are so adorable. I really miss your family. It was so fun hanging out whith you guys. We will have to plan something. I have you added to my blog and hope to hear from you often! What happened to the hot picture of you and Lamont? You looked gorgeous you need to put it back on.

Stephens Family said...

Audrey!! 1. Yes, you started a blog!! Cool! Good job! 2. Do you realize that I have NEVER seen your girls?! They are so cute and little mini Audreys! Maybe a girl for me one day! 3. I am so glad we can keep in touch! Put a pic. of you and the hubby. I have never seen him either. And, I do like Amy's idea of everyone getting together. Are you by chance going to I.F. for the 4th? I know Ali won't be there...preggers...but maybe Amy will be. I think Chy will be there. We could maybe just get a bunch of people together for lunch. Anyway, stay in touch!

the-olson-clan said...

Your family is very cute! josh says "hi"! the pictures on by blog are a little misleading I guess...you asked if he was in the medical field or if he build houses. the pics of him in the scrubs was when we had our second child and the picture of the house is him building our house. Josh is actually in the family plumbing bussiness. He is way busy but he loves it all and I am happy for him! My little sister is Nichole Andrus and I do have their e-mail but I don't think she would want me to post it anywhere. If you e-mail me I will give it to you! haha sorry to make it such a big deal! heatherjok@hotmail.com
It was fun to read your blog and see your cute family!

Rebecca said...

Hello Audrey! I'm happy you've joined the blogging world. It's so fun to see what everyone is up to. Your family is completely adorable!

Anonymous said...

Hey Audrey! Don't worry- I only started blogging about 10 days ago. Your family is so cute! I'm excited to stay in touch. I would love for everyone to get together for a girls night, or playdate if you end up in IF on the 4th. (I hope I didn't just invite myself!)
Mindy (Anderson) Keller

(for some reason my blogger identity isn't working)

Mindy said...

P.S. I've only heard about the infamous blue jumpsuit- I would love to get my hands on those pictures! I called my Dad and gave him a hard time about it. He really is pretty proud of it- yes, he did make it. What a nerd!